Health is the level of functional and metabolic efficiency of a living organism. Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Combined with physical activity, your diet can help you to reach and maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk of chronic diseases (like heart disease and cancer), and promote your overall health.
- Lifestyle – personal decisions (i.e., over which the individual has control) that can be said to contribute to, or cause, illness or death.
- Environmental – all matters related to health external to the human body and over which the individual has little or no control.
- Biomedical – all aspects of health, physical and mental, developed within the human body as influenced by genetic make-up.
Oral health is the most neglected area of a human body. 90% of the population suffers from oral diseases which can easily be prevented. To raise awareness of oral health in general population, world dental organization has started oral health awareness campaigns in the year 2013 on 20th march. A few awareness points are mentioned.
- 2013 – Healthy teeth, healthy life
- 2014 – Brush for a healthy mouth
- 2015 – Smile for life
- 2016 – Healthy mouth healthy body
- 2017 – The theme of this year is “live mouth smart”
As part of world dental organization, Ankura dental clinic and its doctors know they also share responsibility for imparting smartness in oral hygiene in its patients and public alike.
For more info visit: World Oral Health Day 2017 – Live Mouth Smart